Saturday, June 7, 2008

Coming to a close...

Just a heads-up (as much for me as for you): I head home two weeks from today.


I arrived here in the DR July 2007 with plans to return to the US in July 2008. (My med school just adopted a new curriculum and class now starts two months earlier on August 1, so I had to scoot my departure date up to June.)

I wanted to write about all the contradictory feelings I'm having right now, about my favorite things about the DR, about the things I'm most looking foward to back at home.... but as soon as I write a sentence, I look it over and throw it out as not accurately capturing what I want to convey. So, I'm gonna sleep on it. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a little more clarity! My love to everyone.... see you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know exactly what you mean. Whenever I daydream about how nice home will be, I completely lose touch with the thought that it means I won't be here...